Cats or Dogs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dumfish, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Cats

53 vote(s)
  2. Dogs

66 vote(s)
  3. Both

26 vote(s)
  4. None

7 vote(s)
  1. Dumfish

Oct 6, 2001
    Santa Rosa, Ca
    Ok. I was reading the recent cats (dreads) thread. It got me thinking about which pet we like the most here at talkbass. Cats or Dogs?

btw I'm a dog person. But I don't hate cats, just don't like them as much as dogs.
  2. Since my neighbours own 27 (!!) cats. i'm voting for a dog.. and not JUST a dog.. i'm voting for this kind of dog :

Ye ol' jack russel terrier
  3. Dumfish

Oct 6, 2001
    Santa Rosa, Ca
    My neighbor has a jack russel terrier. I take care of it from time to time when they are on vacation. He's got so much energy and can almost jump up to my face!
  4. I think cats are better then dogs, only because I was never mauled by a cat or got 17 stitches form a cat biting me...
  5. nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Great looking dog! Is he yours?
  6. I voted both. Even though I don't currently have any dogs, I will get some eventually. Base housing regulations say i can't have pets. Personally I think those regs are a steaming pile of bovine feces, and thats why I have two cats. I wanna get some German Shepherds, Irish Wolfhounds, and a bulldog.:p

Oh, and BTW, I hate Jack Russel "terrors" with a burning passion. But I have a reason, my wifes friend went outta town and we watched her Jack, and that dog crapped EVERYWHERE but outside. And my iguana didn't like him either. Tailwhipped it three times in a row right accross the nose. Funniest damn thing I ever seen.
  7. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Three Greyhounds here...
  8. ConTraBajisTa

ConTraBajisTa Guest

Oct 5, 2000
    auburn, ny
    cats! come on... i hate the little annoying dogs that make weird noises (like this--say this outloud to yourself: "mmmm-bla-bla-bla-bla-ripa-ru-raaaaaa-[roll of the tongue]rrrrrrra-bla-bla!!!"]. my cousin's boyfriend has an ugly pug that makes those noises. big dogs are cool though...

cats... the only thing that bothers me is when they bite your face to wake you up. or when the stare at your when your sleeping, so that you wake up and they're fishy breath is in your face.

just for that we need one more pic of silas and dakota. dad wants to get rid of them =( don't let him...
  9. I wish... my parents don't want a dog.. :(
    And when i'm living on my own who will take care of the doggie when i'm @ work ? :(
    Only option for me is an Aibo...
  10. =^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Cats =^..^=

The thing I like about cats is the fact that apart from 3 times a day (feeding time) they don't care if you are there or not. We are put on the planet for their amusement !

I have one of our cats on my knee as I'm typing this, Sadie is a little star, a quick stroke under the chin and she'll start chiriping - she doesn't pur, just a chirrup ! Jack (the big male cat) is bigger than that Jack Russel Terrier. He is one BIG cat and when he purrs he rumbles like a low 'B'...

Check out my sig for the pikkies !
  11. I like dogs. Really big ones. They are fun. Cats are okay, but have a tendency to react violently to me. My ex girlfriend has a 30 pound cat. It's really big.
  12. Cat's rule, I have two kitties now and they are like fuzzy little people. Sometimes they are in good moods sometimes they are pi$$y, they have real personalities. I really want to get a Serval, but my wife won't let me. For those of you that don't know what a Serval is, it is a wild cat that through years of breeding can be domesticated, and many breeders in the U.S. have kittens for sale. Here's a pic of one.

13. I have a cat I named Mouse! I like that cat, he is practically like my shadow when I'm at home. That's kind of bad because sometimes I'll step on him or kick him (a downside about cats, their small and sometimes you don't notice them) and then I'll feel really bad about myself. He's getting old too, I've had him since I was 6 so he's about 11 now. But to anyone who says cats aren't loyal they should see my cat. He's a good gaurd animal too; he has a very low lowd growl that makes him sound like a big dog.
  14. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas

Cats are so much cooler(and cuter ;)) than dogs, IMO of course. :)

I've just had bad experiances with dogs(and birds too), so I generally don't like them.
  15. DOGS!!!

HeavyDuty:we had a couple of greyhounds when I was younger.Miss those dogs!
  16. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    a wise person once noted

'dogs have masters. Cat's have staff'

we've got one cat - a gorgeous abyssynian (sp?) called Buna, who runs the house. He's in charge.

17. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    We have friends who have a one of those, and a kitten (well, she's a cat now) that's half water lion. The half water lion-cat is the same size as a cat, but it is the most gorgeous animal I've ever seen in my entire life. It's a silvery color with a gold pattern all over it's body that looks like a really intricate maze. It's pretty amazing. Of course, they paid like $5k for both cats.

That being said, I'm very happy with my free mixed bred cat! She too is gorgeous. Black, white underside, and gold/yellow/orange/red streaks throughout the black top, as if someone highlighted it. I've never seen another cat like her!
  18. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i have a dog and a cat, but i voted for dogs

19. Definitely neither, though cat's are marginally better than dogs:

Dogs and Cats both leave hair everywhere but dogs smell far worse. And they slobber on you, cats don't.

I'd rather have a hamster any day.
  20. My dog that thinks he is a cat...