Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Caught cheating on Ibanez :-o

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Oct 5, 2001.

1. Well I just came back from the GC where I tried out a Fender MIA Deluxe Precision V in transparent green finish and Maple finger board. I couldn’t believe how fat the lows and how rich the highs were on that bass I was very Impressed on how it suited me on tone, a sweepable midrange would have made it perfect, I liked Fender Jazz Vs but wow. I think I might of liked it as much as a BTB-1005, It's a Definite future bass for me.

2. They are definately nice basses, especially the Deluxe Precision, got to love the humbucker/p pickup config.

jtbp

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've wanted to try out that humbucker on that Delux for some time, though I never seem to be able to find one. My only real beef with Fender is the weight. For some reason, those things weigh a ton to me. Even though some basses I've played are heavier, they balance better, so I don't notice it as much. If they made a lighter fender (Not those P-Lites or whatever those are) Then I'd be tempted to maybe a fretless Jazz.

As it is, I might get a fretless Jazz anyway.