1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Caught the Flecktones last night

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by werbo1, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Saw them at the egg in Albany, NY small venue with 1000 seats. My seats? Second row, without a first row in front (it kind of wrapped around) and about 6 feet away from Victor himself.

Set List: Kaleidescope, Roccoco, Sex in Pan, P'Lod, Amazing Grace, Whistle Tune. Set break. Futureman's drum thing with Bela on it towards the end, Bigfoot, Subterfuge, Who's got 3, Chennai, Bela Solo, Encore: Am latin tune, Flight of the cosmic hippo

Playing was tight. Every single member impressed me, but seeing them live was completely different than i could've thought. The playing was scrupulously clean, even when an error slipped and you'd hear Futureman or Victor yell, you'd realize it was the most insignificant mistake in the universe.

Amazing Grace, i must admit I was a little disappointed with. It was amazing, but it didn't really flow as well for me as i wish it had as the version in Live at the Quick. Victor also used some looping which set up cool grooves.

The coup de grace? At the end i snagged the setlist form the stage and it's hanging up on my wall!

If you ever get the chance to see them, go for it!