1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CD BASS TRAINER

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by FireArm, Feb 28, 2008.

1. FireArm

FireArm

May 17, 2007
  2. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    You can capture a certain amount of bars/seconds in a "loop" mode and keep playing the line over. You can also slow it down and hold the pitch. Also a ear phone amp.

I've got one for sale on the if you're interested. I got it for Christmas gift and never really used it, but it's neat for sure.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410323&highlight=cd-bt1
    Let me know if you want it.

3. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I've got the CD version and the MP3 version. They both work the same way. You can EQ out most of all the other instruments and highlight the bass. You also can slow down the song without changing the pich, so you can pick out individual riffs or notes. You also can loop sections to practice them. They are very versatile trainers and work well for what they do. They are well worth the money in my opinion.

4. LeftyLB70P

LeftyLB70P

May 4, 2005
    Athens, Ga.
    I have the Tascam MP3 version (had the CD one, it was good but....) can't say enough good things about it. Sound quality - that's subjective. The real thing is just the convenience. You can load a few hundred mp3's. You have great control (tempo, pitch, etc) and it is small enough to comfortably fit in a bass case, jacket pocket, whatever. It is a great tool for learning new music in a practical way (ie at the office, between classes, whatever)

5. CrashBang

CrashBang

Jan 1, 2008
    Newton, MA
    Love mine. Also have a case made by Tascam that conatins a powered speaker so you can use it to practice without headphones.

6. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Torrance, California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine