Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CD booklet printing/packaging

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Steelrock, Mar 22, 2005.

1. i have my tracks mixed down and ready who do i go to to get them printed ? I have a graphic for the cover. Any reccomendations! Thanks
    -Steel

2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Well, there's still a couple of steps to go through before you hit the printer.
    the big one is DESIGN. It's great you have a graphic that you want to use, but now you got to get that graphic + all the programming, credits, title, etc.
    1. put together in such a fashion that it makes an appealing package - font, font size, placement, color choices etc etc

2. in a format that a printer can do something with - hi res Quark files etc.

The printer is going to have to make seperations for each color used, and then print from that.

There are graphic design houses that will offer part or all of these services - design, color seperations etc.

There are plenty of "disc maker" type all in one production units that offer all-inclusive packages - design, printing and duping - for one price.

Which I would say is the way to go unless you or someone in the band (or that the band knows well) has some professional background. But even if you have contact with somebody who knows their way around graphics/printing, it's still going to be a lot of work "sub contracting" each step of the way. It's cheaper than the dupe houses in actual dollars, but what you don't spend in money, you spend in personal time.

3. im looking to get it done online somewhere. I have the graphic and im going to use it on some kind of template. Most places online have templates that you put it together. I'm still unclear about the type of print i need. screen, silk etc..I just want a standard jewel case with a nice booklet.