CD Player cannot read certain tracks?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vince S., Oct 13, 2004.

1. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003

I have a question concerning CDs and players. Yesterday, I bought a new CD (it can't be played on the computer due to anti-piracy measures on it).

Anyway, this CD worked fine in my brother's CD player. However, when I try to listen to it through my player, it won't play a certain track. That track just gets stuck and keeps "stuttering" like the CD is dirty or broken, but it can't be since I just bought it, and it worked in my brother's player. I tried it in a different player and it still didnt work. What is this? Can the anti-piracy stuff on it be messing with the reader in my player?

EDIT: spelling
  2. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'd take it back to the store and try a different copy. If that one doesn't work either then demand your money back or trade it for an entirely different CD. To me it just sounds like a bad pressing.

brad cook
  3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    the other possibility is the anti piracy stuff. A lot of older players couldnt play them at all. Kind of like how a lot of older players couldnt read the cdr's.
  4. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Ok, thanks for your advice. I'll head back to the store this weekend to try another copy.