1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

CD Release Party Tonight!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BIg O, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Well boys and girls - wish this old fart luck.

We have a CD release party tonight at our favourite venue in town (Boomer's Basement, in Kitchener, Ontario). I'm a bit nervous, but the CDs finally arrived last night at 6:30pm - so my nervousness subsided a bit. We got good promo from the local Blues Societies (Toronto Blues Society and Grand River Blues Society) and entertainment rags, so I am hoping for a big night and a few CD sales..:D

If anyone is interested, I'll post a few clips to our website - the CD is available for $15 CAD or $12.00 USD plus shipping if anyone is keen pm or post if you want one. The tunes are all covers, some you will know some are more obscure and/or local.

Well, gotta go. These smilies show how I feel about right now!

:hyper: :ninja: :bassist:

2. how'd it go?

3. We did great - sold about 25 CD's (the place only fits 75 people) and had most of the crowd for most of the night (9:30 pm - 1:30 am). We are on the regular rotation for this club, and the owner is on a number of the Canadian blues festival committees. A couple of Roots music label guys were there and gave us kudos (for what its worth), and we had a blast!

I know it's not considered "kosher" to offer this, but anyone who wants a CD just needs to email me $15 CAD (or $12USD) plus $1.50 CAD ($2.00 USD) shipping and I'll ship you a CD. PM me if you are serious - I can take Paypal or $CAD money order.

Of course, if you are serious why would you want this cd? :D

[​IMG]