Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

CD Release Party Tonight!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BIg O, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Well boys and girls - wish this old fart luck.

We have a CD release party tonight at our favourite venue in town (Boomer's Basement, in Kitchener, Ontario). I'm a bit nervous, but the CDs finally arrived last night at 6:30pm - so my nervousness subsided a bit. We got good promo from the local Blues Societies (Toronto Blues Society and Grand River Blues Society) and entertainment rags, so I am hoping for a big night and a few CD sales..:D

If anyone is interested, I'll post a few clips to our website - the CD is available for $15 CAD or $12.00 USD plus shipping if anyone is keen pm or post if you want one. The tunes are all covers, some you will know some are more obscure and/or local.

Well, gotta go. These smilies show how I feel about right now!

:hyper: :ninja: :bassist:

2. how'd it go?

3. We did great - sold about 25 CD's (the place only fits 75 people) and had most of the crowd for most of the night (9:30 pm - 1:30 am). We are on the regular rotation for this club, and the owner is on a number of the Canadian blues festival committees. A couple of Roots music label guys were there and gave us kudos (for what its worth), and we had a blast!

I know it's not considered "kosher" to offer this, but anyone who wants a CD just needs to email me $15 CAD (or $12USD) plus $1.50 CAD ($2.00 USD) shipping and I'll ship you a CD. PM me if you are serious - I can take Paypal or $CAD money order.

Of course, if you are serious why would you want this cd? :D

[​IMG]