1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CD Release Party

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by bassbully, May 16, 2011.

1. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    So my bands first full length album will be finished by the end of the month. We will be having two CD release parties, one in our home city and another city north were we play 80% of our shows.
    I'm trying to come up with ideas to not make it a regular show. We can give out free CD's to the first 25 or so people and were thinking of getting stickers made to pass out even go as far as a few t-shirts since we can score a great deal locally.
    Both clubs have food and I was thinking of using part of the money we are going to get paid to pay the club to provide some small finger type foods for guests we are inviting. The Jane and Joe public will be there also for its an open event. Ideas? what have you guys done before. Thanks.

2. crijan

crijan Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    Endorsing: JH Audio IEMs
    What I usually see for these is free admission if you buy the CD at the door.

3. bassbully

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Forgot to tell you there is no cover charge for these two shows and we will be having us and an opening band.

4. leonche64

leonche64

Aug 29, 2010
    Shenzhen China
    One big thing you can do right now to help yourselves, if you have not already, is get off the stage. Leave as much time as you can up until the show for a build up. Last thing you want to do is announce that "tomorrow is our launch party". Really? well what did I just see? Why come tomorrow?

Also, make sure of the quality of your opening band. You want them to be good...but not too good. Stickers and t-shirts are a great idea, and cost effective promotion. If you are going with the finger food in the open location, it could go very fast as the public enters the spot. So unless you are planning a closed door event before the main show, then it may not be worth it.

These events are always fun. My band is planning one for July. Be sure to post a follow up when it is over. Best of luck.

5. bassbully

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Thanks for the reply. You could be right on the food thing and thats why I asked.The venue wouldnt hurt since we would be paying them to provide it but we couldnt police who would eat it. Then again..who cares? We want the whole place to notice us that night and have fun.Hummm.... still dont know where to go on that one.