CD Walkman help?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Mar 13, 2003.

1. My friend made me this Phish mix CD, and it plays fine in my computer, but my CD player (sony walkman) doesn't read it, but it reads other burnt CDs just fine... any suggestions?
  2. new discman? burn it again? buy the cd?
  3. Well, i'm gonna try it on my other walkman, see if that helps.. if not, i don't think burning it again would have any effect.. and it's a Phish Mix cd, with round room and bootlegs, and i've already got Round Room.
  4. actually, i think a reburn might correct it. try it out.
  5. well great.. when i try to extract the files from the CD, the computer just sense one big Data file... but i JUST PLAYED THE CD IN WINAMP!
  6. try just a direct cd-to-cd copy.
  7. my discman doesn't read some burned CDs either. it used to play all of them, but them i threw it at something, or something. no visible damage; but it stopped being able to play a bunch of my burned CDs.
  8. Make sure it is in a format your walkman will recognize, such as CD-R vs CD-RW.
  9. Definetly a formatting problem, the cd you have is probably in MP3 format (or some other one), where as to play in a standard cd player you need a .cda format, and i beleive .wav formats work occasionally, do a search on the net for an audio "ripper" to convert the formats.

10. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    Probably it is a CD-RW, and your CD Player will not read it. Or some problem similiar to that.
  11. aaaaaaah... it is in mp3 format.. thanks guys, now i just have to split it up into 3 80 minute cds since it's like 3 and 1/2 hours long