1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CEB-3 in blend loop

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Paulitics, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Paulitics

Paulitics

Apr 12, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Has anyone put a CEB-3 in a blend loop. I was thinking about getting one and puting it in the loop of my Barge VFB-2 maybe play around with the "Uniboss" idea but with just one amp. I'm a little worried there might be phasing issues. Since the VFB-2 doesn't have a phase switch like some other blenders I fear that phase shifts from the CEB-3 might lead to poor blending.

2. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Nope - it works well for me. Just remember to put a dummy plug in the second output jack, so only the delayed, modulated and filtered signal is left at the main output. The UniBoss method works well this way.

I DO have phasing problems if I include the Xciter or Diesel Dawg in a parallel branch!

Joe

3. Paulitics

Paulitics

Apr 12, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Awesome, I will have to give this a try.

4. Liko

Liko

Mar 30, 2007
    Well, maybe, but I'd be more worried that "blending" a CEB-3 wouldn't give you enough of the effect to be audible. The CEB-3 is a very subtle chorus pedal, and I personally would either run it full or not at all. If you want to blend the pedal in as part of a clean/wet mix, I'd personally trade up to a super chorus which will give you more chorus wet.

As far as phasing, I wouldn't worry too much, especially if you're not going stereo.

5. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    No - the CEB can put out a signal that's equal in amplitude - plus a little more yet, even - to the dry/input sig. It's just time delayed, modulated and high pass filtered.

Joe

6. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    The CEB-3 is fairly unique in how it does this UniBoss thing. You couldn't do the same with the Super Chorus.

I invented the word "UniBoss", and first presented here on TB the success I've had with the Boss CEB-3 - specifically - for this purpose.

It's certainly not that 'nothing else would work', but I generally wouldn't want a 'multi' chorus for this purpose; I want a 'vib'-type (a single copy of the original, not an 'ensamble' of them). And the built-in highpass filter makes the CEB pretty simple - perfect for this application.

Joe

7. Paulitics

Paulitics

Apr 12, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks for your help Joe. I have a setup with a micro pog into a distortion pedal to do this already. But I sometimes get a little annoyed with its digital type sound. Since I was looking for a chorus pedal anyway, maybe this would be a good one to try.