1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cee-Lo Green - Forget You/F**k You (unknown bassist)

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by arcellus, Nov 29, 2010.

1. arcellus

arcellus

Feb 28, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Here's a quick and fun tune, from Cee-Lo's 2010 album The Ladykiller. This has been all over the radio/internet lately and I didn't really pay it much attention, until I noticed that there's some cool stuff going on during the bridge.

I'm not sure who the bass player is; they list 3 different guys on the album credits (one of whom is Pino Palladino, btw) but don't give credits for particular tracks. If anyone knows, please let me know!

Anyway, check out a .pdf of the part here, or just go to the "Free" section of my website.

Thanks for looking!
    -A

2. I didn't know Pino was on there, awesome. I dig the song, really catchy haha. Thanks for the tab :)

3. kai_ski

kai_ski

Apr 14, 2007
    Wenatchee, WA
    Thanks so much for transcribing this. I would have never gotten the bridge right!

4. aguacateojos

aguacateojos Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Man, that bridge is so nasty! Love it.

5. Zetabass

Zetabass

Mar 31, 2008
    Bangor Maine
    Hey Man, thanks for the awesome transcription!

The only thing I have to point out is every time I've seen her play this she's on a 4 stringer (Tough hitting that low C ;) )

Especially if you've got good keys in the band, that might get muddy!

6. kai_ski

kai_ski

Apr 14, 2007
    Wenatchee, WA
    Obviously if you're playing on a 4 you'll have to go up an octave, but playing a 5-er just make sure the keys stay out of your register. The keys really should be in the middle register to carry the tune anyway, and the guitar is playing a completely different part so they're not going to get in the way of each other.

In one instance when I played this, we didn't have good keys and I ended up moving up an octave to carry the tune.

7. bostonband

bostonband

Mar 7, 2011