1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

celebrate a friend's b-day, buy yourself a stingray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by origami, Mar 5, 2008.

1. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    I text'd my friend luke (kael) to wish him a happy birthday. Then I thought, why should he be having all the fun??? He's hogging this day to himself! How selfish.

So I went and bought myself a spankin' brand new EBMM Stingray Vintage Sunburst. I'm going to unwrap my own gift too... I'll take the plastic of the pickguard.

So everyone, celebrate a friend's birthday, wedding, bar mitzvah, political victory, etc... with a new bass of your own.

Because that's what friends are for...

Attached Files:

2. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    hahahahaha awesome post.. :)

3. Dunne

Dunne

Sep 3, 2006
    Illinois, USA
    +1 :D

4. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Oh great, just what we all need, an excuse to buy another bass.:D:help:

5. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    i was needing a new excuse and this seemed to work. i don't know if my wife bought it? :meh:

6. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    This is epic as hell.

7. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Dude, this is an ehf'in rip. Here it is MY birthday and all I get is a text message while YOU get the 'ray. This won't stand my friend. You and me got some unsettled business.

(cue music from The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly)

8. Delta_Petra

Delta_Petra

Feb 26, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Dangit!!

It was my friend's birthday today too. I should have celebrated with a new thumper.

9. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    Nice idea. I have the same birthday as Ronnie James Dio. I think I celebrate by getting a new bass and playing some Dio.

10. Not fair. On Valentine's day, all I got from my wife was a gym membership (what is she trying to say:mad:)

She's the best though - no complaints on my recent shopping spree.