Celebrity basses for sale . . .

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Max, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
  2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    IMHO, buying that kind of instrument without seeing it for real and playing it is dangerous.

One year and half ago, I missed a "4001CS" (on ibazar, the website that become eBay France then) from a guy living about 400 miles away from me. Very recently, I learned that was a swindle, the bass was an ordinary 4001, but the guy was trying to sell it for the price of a 4001CS.

I just congratulated myself not to have taken the risk of buying it on remote relationship with the seller...

Back to the basses : the JB looks much better than the PB (very personal taste), but it has almost nothing original. The PB looks poor (though I'm almost sure it is, in fact, a great instrument), but seems to be quite original. My vote thus goes to the PB...

But anyway, for my very personal purposes, I'd buy none of both :D

All the best,
  3. dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    That Tele-bass is god-awfully ugly, and Winger sucks, so... neither
  4. that thing looks good.... nothing like a well worn bass...
  5. For a while I kept seeing the bass from Spinal Tap on Ebay from time to time. They were asking something like 17 Grand. I wonder if they ever sold it?
  6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    $75 for shipping, WHAT?!?!?!?!?!
  7. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    isn't that p-bass missing the pup cover?

I saw a 1951 p-bass going for $5000 at A guitar Center in atlanta.. It was in a bit worse looking condition than this one... it played ok... i wouldn't pay $5000 for it though