Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Celestion speakers what R they like?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PUNK&DONUTS, Feb 1, 2001.

1. I posted not long ago about a brand called CLASSIC-QUAD which contained Celestion speakers it was a 4X10 600w 8ohms and got no answer so here is another attempt. The brand itself I wasn't worried about but was looking for anyones thoughts on Celestion speakers I've heard they are used in Marshall and I think Fender but not sure if they are used much for bass. Bear in mind that this is a specific bass quad. Thanks for any info.

2. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    i don't like celestion speakers as much as jbls or evs. The magnets are smaller. It's really a sound preference. I would go for jbl's or some really heavy evs. The problem is that they are also more $$$. If the celestions are cheap, go for it. There is this site called http://www.speakerhole.com that sells 115, 118, and 215 bass cab that may have celetions in them, they are cheap 115=$85, 118= $120, and the 215= $130. They also sell 412 guitar cabs for $130 and $200.