1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Celestion speakers what R they like?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PUNK&DONUTS, Feb 1, 2001.

1. I posted not long ago about a brand called CLASSIC-QUAD which contained Celestion speakers it was a 4X10 600w 8ohms and got no answer so here is another attempt. The brand itself I wasn't worried about but was looking for anyones thoughts on Celestion speakers I've heard they are used in Marshall and I think Fender but not sure if they are used much for bass. Bear in mind that this is a specific bass quad. Thanks for any info.

2. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    i don't like celestion speakers as much as jbls or evs. The magnets are smaller. It's really a sound preference. I would go for jbl's or some really heavy evs. The problem is that they are also more $$$. If the celestions are cheap, go for it. There is this site called http://www.speakerhole.com that sells 115, 118, and 215 bass cab that may have celetions in them, they are cheap 115=$85, 118= $120, and the 215= $130. They also sell 412 guitar cabs for $130 and $200.