1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Celinder Basses at BassExchange.com

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tightbidness, Apr 9, 2006.

1. There are three beautiful Celinders at BassExchange right now. Has anyone played them? I'm curious because in a few cases the descriptions don't seem to match the instruments pictured. Also I haven't read much about the 4-string Celinder P anywhere.

[​IMG]

2. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I'd avoid that 5 like the plague.

They've had it forever, even ebay'd it before and it never sold.

A BIG part of the Celinder magic is their pickups and preamps. Some idiot dropped barts and a Sadowsky preamp in this one. Those are perfectly fine components, but totally take this bass's identity away as a Celinder, and relegates it back to being worth MUCH less, IMHO.

The bottom line is, you'd have to find out what it'd cost to have the "right" elex put (back) in (which I'd love to hear), subtract that from what this bass is worth WITH them (which is probably its current price MAX), and offer that to BE.

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Good basses. Just hope that if you get one that you dont need service.

Rob

4. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
  5. Mabis2012

Mabis2012

Mar 25, 2006
    service?:confused: its not a Dell Pc it's a bass guitar , im sure any good repairman can sort it out

6. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

The troll is back

Rob

7. That bass looks great!

I think EBS had that bass at their Booth at NAMM. See www.ebs.bass.se for clips of the bass!

-Christian

8. +1, check the celinder megathread for my experience with Celinder customer service.

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I like Cellys, but what's with those reverse headstocks? :confused:

10. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

What is 'reversed' on them.... mine look like pretty standard 'Fender type' headstocks. Maybe I don't know what reversed means?

Also, unfortunately, +1 on Celinder customer service... Chris for some reason doesn't do a good job dealing with customers . However, his main outlet in the US, Glen at Austin Bass Exchange, is amazing... so not a huge issue. Wonderful, wonderful basses!

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Damn, I'm sorry, I should've clarified. On Bass Alone's site, they have about 4 of them with reversed 'stocks, and they're new. I hope this is not a new direction.

12. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I get it... I was confused! I like the standard headstocks also... sounds like those were 'special orders' or something.

Thanks

13. I remember seeing a reverse headstock celinder, very odd looking. The celinder headstock is really strange when reversed, but very nice otherwise.

A huge +1 on Glen at Austin Bass Exchange, he went out of his way to try to help me out, and I didn't even get the bass from him. I only contacted him cause I'd heard he would probably help, and he tried, unsuccessfully. Glen is awesome, no question.

As for Chris, it's not that he didn't deal with me well, it's that everything he told me was lies. First he told me he'd sent what I'd ordered, and paid for, then he said it was lost in the mail and he'd send another, then after 9 months he said he'd never sent it (because of personal problems) and he'd refund my money, which he never did. The man is all class. After all this I only have on thing to say: Gawd I love Roger Sadowsky!

14. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Vic

if you need any help with your cel.. just hit me up with Pics and details. I bounce all mine to Japan and never post them on the website fosale so i don't have to deal with issues on them.

15. adrian garcia

adrian garcia In Memoriam

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i always wanted one, to me the have the baddest j tone in the land. it's been impossible to locate one to buy ( 5 string ) and good luck getting me to pay $3700 for a 4 !
    they sound so good , though.
    Brian! find me one, bro! ;)

16. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    I'll let you know when i have another one coming in, I've had 3 in the past few months, but lately its been AtelierZ's for whatever reason. I'll keep you in mind and posted...... have you talk to Vic about his?

17. adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    thanks! hmmm, no, SHOULD i talk to Vic about this?

18. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001

never mind, I just reread his post..... even though he doesn't say it, i think he must have traded it to them... not sure, i haven't been to their site.... hell, i'm confused now on if he has it or not..... I guess avoid it though as he says ;)

19. adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    LOL! we were all looking at that bass - i remembered it didn;t have Celinder components and told him about it- he looked into it and confirmed. It's a small world for us bass addicted.

20. I have played the passive 5 string there with the maple board. It's pretty smokin, the B was earth-shattering. Both William and Justin at the shop LOVE that bass, and I think it's a USED model @$2100, but don't quote me on that!!