Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Celinder basses.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Dec 2, 2002.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I like what I see on their site but has anyone tried one? Preferably their P-basses.
    How do they compare to Mike Lull, Lakland, Sadowsky and other luthierbuilt Fender clones?

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI!

I've got one on the way. I'll let you know after I play it for a bit. It's an update 5

Rob

3. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I own 2 Vintage 5's with a new Vintage 5 coming this week... Great basses I really like them.. Hey Jock, e-mail me with your questions... Rob, when is your s due in and where did you order it from... Also what color did you get... Steve...

4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

I traded a bass for an Update 5. It's the silver one you might have seen for sale with the matching headstock and green l.e.d.'s. I'm looking forward to getting it. Funny thing is, I just emailed you to see if you still had your Sadowsky 5. Do you? How about an F bass for trade? Could you send me pics?
    rrd986@onebox.com:D

Rob

5. SCT1422

Hey Rob, e-mail sent back at you... Steve...

6. I haven't played the bass but I have talked with some owners here in Denmark (you know it's manufactured in Denmark) and the y say it's absolutely amazing. You can also try to find some music with Me'Shell Ndegeocello. She has this incredible sound thanks to her Celinder bass and of course her skills. She plays so funky and she can sing at the same time.

7. Mikkel-S

Mikkel-S Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    I'm Dane and i'm proud...!

8. Is that why she always let other bassists do most of the bass playing when she tours? ;) I seem to recall her saying that she can't sing and play at the same time, at least not very well. Still, she can lay down a righteous groove, and her tone is just fantastic.
    Oh, I've never played a Celinder, even though I always keep my eyes open for 'em whenever I'm in København. Wish I could stumble across one of those P-basses, with enough money in my pockets to actually buy one preferably. Maybe some day...

9. Hey I'm sorry if I have misinterpreted something:rolleyes: but I remember an article with a picture of her playing the bass and singing.
    Maybe she plays the easy songs herself or something like that:confused:
    But man can she groove or what.
    She has some funky lines that blew me away first time that I heard her and by god, she's a woman.
    About the Celinders, I'm proud to be a Dane to.

(Don't forget about Mörch)

(Scandinaviens rule)

10. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    no such thing as a bad celinder

11. SCT1422

Hey guys, check out The Bass Palace... They just got 2 in and the Burgundy Mist 5 string is mine...

12. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thats a great looking bass. Burgundymist is sweet.:eek:
    [​IMG]

13. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The only negative thing Ive heard about Celinder is that they can be heavy. Is this true? The weight is really important for me.

14. SCT1422

I have 2 others and they're not any heavier than my Sadowsky or Lakland... I'd say about 10 pounds.. Hey Jock whats you e-mail address.. I'll send pics of my other 2...

15. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
  16. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    yeah they are except the aura series which isn't as bad...

i met christian at the bass palace, real nice guy. great basses too! the p is sweet, unfortunately i didn't get to demo this burg-mist 5er. nice choice it's beautiful!

17. For a few months I have an Update 4 fretless (3 tone sunburst, tortoise guard, maple neck with hard coated pau ferro board). Best Jaco growl EVER!!

18. SCT1422

The one you may have tried might have been the Update version which is ash and may have been heavier... Mine are the Vintage made of alder and to me they don't feel heavy...

19. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Rawn Randall at R2 Musical is also a US dealer of the Celinder. He swears that it's one of the finest basses built. I was real hot to get a 3-color sunburst vintage J-type. It had a J-retro in it. It sure was a sweet looking bass.

20. SCT1422

Hey Rob, did you get the Celinder yet... I should be picking my new one up tomorrow...