Celinder Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by g4string, Mar 24, 2003.

1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Anybody know much about these basses? How would they compare to a Lakland or Sadowsky. Just wondering?
  2. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    i played a few at the recent NAMM.

outstanding basses!!!

i have my eye on a few of his models!

3. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I own 3 Vintage 5's and love em.. Email me with any questions you might have...
  4. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    How do they compare?
  5. Meshell NdegeOcello plays one. She sounds pretty damned good on it.
  6. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I dig 'em as well. There are alot of high end Jazz types I REALLY want. Moon, Lull, Lakie USA JO, Celinder, Atelier Z, and Sadowsky. Ah, so many choices and so little money!
  7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    In my opinion the Celinders are no doubt the best of the Jazz copies. They also make other models that are excellent. The 22fret chambered bass that they make is one of the nicest basses that I've ever played. I tried the one at Rudy's in New York and it impressed the hell out of me.
  8. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I've played a couple. They are nice but IMO way too expensive for what you get. Decent basses but not mind blowing IMO.
  9. SCT1422

Way too expensive for what you get.. Sorry, I don't think so... I've owned Sadowskys, Laklands, etc. etc. I love my Celinders... They sound great and play awesome... I still have a Lakland Joe Osborne 5 which is a great bass and I'd keep it, but I'm not gigging enough and just decided to keep the Celinders... The Sadowskys and Laklands are excellent basses too and as far as customer service they cannot be beat, it just depends on what you are looking for... I'd still have mine, but I'm starting to think of retirement and finally growing up, so I have to cut down on my toys..
    If anybody has any specific questions on the Celinders e-mail me (SCT1422@MSN.COM)..
  10. Dude, you only need one period to end a sentence.
  11. SCT1422

Dude... Big friggen deal.......
  12. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Chill man.

I gave my opinion based on playing about 5 different Celinder's of different types. I am not a dummy so my opinion is valid, if you disagree fine, but I would never pay that much for what you get in those basses and that is just my stance on it. Don't say things like "Sorry, I don't think so" because that insinuates I am wrong which I am not since it's my opinion. Give me a break.
  13. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    from that last post, you could use the same advise;)
  14. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Nope, just clarifying why what I said was fine.
  15. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    just as what steven said was fine also. no one's out to get you.
  16. SCT1422

Jared... What you stated is fine as well as what I stated... We all have opinions and experiences that we should respect...
    I learn from all of it and isn't that what these talk sites are all about... I didn't mean to come off as defensive and I apologize if you took that way.... What I meant basically was in comparison to maybe Laklands or Sadowskys, which are higher end basses that command a high price....
  17. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA

Expensive?! Aren't you the guy going on 3 Fodera's?
    I admit that they are really nice basses but I wouldn't pay the price that they want for one bass. I am anal about my basses and they have to be a certain way but I can't afford to be a collector. I play professionally and I like to play my instruments. Just my opinion.

I have to agree that the Celinders, for the market that they are going for, are fantastic instruments and worth every penny. Jazz copies aren't for me either but for the person wanting the best of what it is, I think they are just that. I would highly recommend them.