Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Celinder Megathread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KJung, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ok... just kidding on the megathread... I thought maybe myself and a few guys from Denmark could argue if these are better than Fenders :D

Here's mine... highly figured birdseye board and neck (which is rather unusual), full size moderate to heavy weight Jazz-type body.. Celinder pickups in 70's placement with Greengrove circuit (volume,volume, passive 'vintage' treble control, internal active treble DIP switches and active bass control), 35" scale and a very nice 'transparent cobalt blue finish' ... it's a funk machine! You don't hear much about these, so I thought I'd post a picture. This bass was purchased from Glen at Austin Bass Traders.
    [​IMG]

2. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds

GORGEOUS! Played one a couple years ago and really like ti except for the 35" scale. Nice bass man!

3. Looks a little bit like a nice Sadowsky modification that I've seen lately!

4. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    LOL Yeah, a little. Had forgotten how they did their guards. Glad mine is still different than anything else I have seen. Similar but not like anything else.

[​IMG]

5. OK... no Sadowsky pictures on my Celinder Megathread :D

6. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Why you....! :crying:

7. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That is one of my favorite Sadowsky's! ;)

8. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

LOL!!!!

9. Ha!

I'm not much of a photo guy... but this shot gives you a better feel for the really cool transparent finish that Chris put on this bass. The body is Danish (of course!) Ash.

[​IMG]

10. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    he we comes again..the war-the world against Fenders,bye

11. It was a joke :p Just wanted to show a Jazz Type bass that many have probably not seen :)

12. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    What ya think Kjung?

[​IMG]

13. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    no problem boy,nice and beautiful bass,congrats :) :bassist:

14. Why I oughta.... :)

15. Here's my Celinder Vintage 5. I got it from a Talkbassmember (a.k.a. "the Celinder King", you know who you are, hehe) a few months ago and I totally dig this bass! As soon as I can sell some basses I rarely use, I'll get myself an Update 5 in Daphne Blue :bassist: Too bad it will take about a year for Celinder to make me one.......

Attached Files:

16. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

NICE!

17. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I've played Ken's Celinder, and let me tell you, it made a believer out of me! Not to mention giving me a case of Danish GAS! :eek:

That is a really wonderful instrument, and Ken's description of it as a "Sadowsky on steroids" is quite accurate. I would not venture to say that it is any better than a Sadowsky, but I would call it equally as good, and definitely more aggressive and powerful (hence the applicability of the "steroid" comment).

After playing Burke's NYC Sadowsky (and mine) at the same GTG, I feel confident saying that these instruments stood on equal, just slightly different, footing.

Tom.

18. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    BigMikew this fretboard is rosewood?
    [​IMG]

19. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I think that the offending instrument should be removed!

To north central Ohio, that is! :D

20. The Update is more like the Ultra Vintage Sadowsky model... which I would also call a 'Sadowsky on Steroids'!. Kind of 'apples to oranges' comparing the Celinder Update to the Vintage Sadowsky's.... Celinder makes a Vintage and a Classic (totally passive) model that matches up closer to the Vintage Sadowsky vibe. However, it you want the 70's Marcus type thing... the Update is really, really cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.