Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Celinder MM5 Tribute?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by glenn brady, Feb 17, 2003.

1. glenn brady

glenn brady

Oct 10, 2002
    found this pic over at Ed Roman's -

I heard that Celinder was going to debut the MM5 Tribute at NAMM, but didn't read any reports on it anywhere -

anyone know if this is the axe? or is this an Update 5?

also noting the 5 knobs, instead of 4 -

any info appreciated - thx

2. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I have no experience with Celinders other than looking at them, so, I really have nothing to add other than to enthusiastically say, "That thing is sweet!" I think I need a Celinder (today).

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I think they started these about a year and a half ago. They also make a Larry Graham Tribute model. THAT'S the one I'd like!

4. Tritonus

Tritonus

Nov 29, 2001
    I have never seen a MM tribute Celinder which looks like the one you've attached to your post. Visit www.celinder.com for more info.
    However Celinder basses are outstanding instruments.

Cheers.

5. glenn brady

glenn brady

Oct 10, 2002
    tritonus - thanks for the site reference - i've seen it

reason i posted here was, i'd heard chris was gonna drop the MM5 at NAMM, and heard pics were gonna be up on his site - but haven't seen either

i figured the rabid talkbassers would know, since it seems they know all things bass - this site is a trip!

6. Tritonus

Tritonus

Nov 29, 2001
    Glenn,

Chris Celinder is a very nice and helpful chap. I know he has a couple of pics of basses he's built which don't show up on his web site. Unfortunately I don't have anymorethe pics he once sent to me . But I'm sure he will email you a couple of them if you'll contact him.

Cheers.

7. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Hey Glenn... I own 3 Celinders 5's... Love em and I may order P-5 which is now available... Mine are all the Vintage ones... That must be the MM-5 version, ususally theres just 4 knobs along the bottom edge like my bass here... Steve....