1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Celinder PJ5 Daphne Blue mint condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by szusman, Oct 30, 2017.

1. szusman

szusman Supporting Member

May 15, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_4066.JPG IMG_4068.JPG IMG_4069.JPG IMG_4070.JPG IMG_4071.JPG IMG_4072.JPG IMG_4074.JPG IMG_4075.JPG

I am not sure this is the right move, but I need the money at the moment and I'm not using this bass enough to keep it... so it's up for sale!

Mint condition Celinder PJ5 Daphne Blue over alder body, very light rosewood fingerboard, Celinder CP2 preamp and pickups. Gorgeous quilted maple neck. Feels like a PJ5 should -- not a jazz neck, but a slim version of a precision neck. Excellent balance. Sounds great, plays amazing, and does exactly what you want it to. I barely boost the bass, and I'm happy. The bass is approximately 10.2 lbs. I am not sure how old the bass is, but given the CP2 preamp, it might be in Celinder's "middle" period (i.e., before his CP3 came out).

Comes with Celinder soft case, and I'll include shipping & insurance. The price is firm, unless you happen to be local with cash.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  2. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, CANADA
    Now here's a very cool bass from a great seller on talkbass. Celinders are very rare and with these spec, even more so. The build quality is exceptional on these.
    Some will be in for a real treat...unless I can get to it first! GLWTS Shanon.

3. szusman

May 15, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I have recently put back on the original mint white pickguard -- which was in storage with the case! -- both the black pearloid and mint white pickguards will be included, of course!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  4. szusman

May 15, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Here are two recordings, made quickly with my iPhone, complete with baby noises in the background. Primitive, but you'll get an idea of the variation of tone from the pickups. I barely have the bass boosted on the CP3 preamp -- didn't want to shake the walls of my apartment.

Attached Files:

5. Hi,
    Do you know the width at nut, string spacing at bridge, and fingerboard radius?
    Thank you!

6. szusman

May 15, 2003
    Los Angeles
    The nut is a little under 1 7/8” with 1.5” from the B to G strings (evenly spaced at 3/8” between strings).

The bridge is .75” between strings for a total of 3” from B to G strings.

Not sure of the fingerboard radius, but it is nicely curved (not flat), and plays evenly on all frets with no deadspots.

raal likes this.
  7. DigthemLows

DigthemLows Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    I have one of these..... I think Chris said he'd only made 4 PJ5s total. I think yours in one of the newest. It is by far the best sounding bass I have played, I would even dare to say it rivaled some WALs I have played. GLWTS, I will back the quality of these basses!!

x-csgtu9eokm_loko_wtt3osdj-xhyiwvnppr-8kavibojheavwfbfmelehwsx80azvismonzwvt06g-w779-h662-no-jpg.jpg

bassballs27 likes this.
  8. szusman

May 15, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Open to trades for Alembic, MTD, Fodera, and Sadowsky basses. I can add up to $1K max to make the trade fair, as appropriate.

DaymonJ11 and jebmd like this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 5, 2021