Celinder vs. Sadowsky?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Obviously, Sadowsky gets alot more attention here, but how Celinders compare? I have never seen one in person, but they sure look good. How do they sound and how is the quality versus a Sadowsky?
  2. I think they compare favorably to Sadowskys. It comes down to your personal preference.

I preferred the tone, feel and workmanship of a Sadowsky. YMMV.

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

The Celinders are very nice. I had a great 5 string for a while. Cool bass. Loved the neck profile

I love my Sadowsky's much better. The preamp is miles better, quality a touch above. Customer service, forget about it. Good luck trying to get the Celinder guys to even return an email. Roger is available by phone or in person 5 days a week.

Resale, tough to sell the Celinders

4. abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    I also owned both and while the Celinder is a very well made instrument that compares with Sadowsky craftwise, I like the Sadowsky Sound and feel better. But both are fine instruments.
  5. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I've owned both, but once I got my 1st Celinder I sold the Sadowskys... I currently own 3 Celinders, but I'm selling one... The Celinders are a full size body and 35" scale and along with the neck profile they feel more comfortable, like they were made for me... Mine also have the blocks and binding, which look great... The Sadowskys Vintage 5's have a 7/8ths size body and never felt comfortable to me, but they played great... The Sadowskys have a sound and tone all their own, which sound great as well... They Celinders maybe sound alittle more passive/natural to me, but thats just my ears and maybe my set-up... As in the previous posts, Sadowskys customer service is fantastic... Roger is a total gentleman when you call or visit him... Christian can be hard to get ahold of sometimes, but I've been having pretty good luck... If you can try both, you can make up your own mind.. But either way you cannot go wrong...