Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Davidoc, Mar 14, 2004.

1. I'm using an old crappy one covered with duct tape now.

Any recomendations on a new one? Thanks!
  2. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Love my Motorola 730 flip. Got nothin but good things to say about it.
  3. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Non-flip: Nokia 5100, rugged "adventure model".

Flip: Sony-Ericsson Z200. Small and stylish.

Both have bigger brothers that have camera and such extras, but cost more. They are around the same price.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Nokia still rules the cell phone world. I went away from them and tried Ericsson, Motorola, and a few others. I finally came back.

I guess alot of it depends on your cell phone company as to what you can pick.

5. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I *hated* my Nokia. They're probably awesome in Norway or wherever it is they're made, but I much prefer Motorola's menu system (especially the phonebook and calendar functions) to the one on every Nokia I've ever looked at. So many more options for how you store data, etc.
  6. mine old, crappy, and has a duct tape cell phone cover i made for it earlier today. now it matches my purse, shoes, and that weird can of soda in my fridge that im too scared to open.

7. I'm going to join in here so I can stay up-to-date on any feedback. We're getting ready to upgrade our phones to take advantage of the new system technology with lower monthly rates. We currently are using Nokia, but have used Motorola in the past and have been satisfied with both brands. The brands that we have available to us at our service provider are: Motorola, Nokia, Kyocera, and LG. I like the Motorola flip phone, my wife likes the LG that looks a lot like the Motorola.
  8. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
  9. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    There may be an issue with coverage holes in certain metro areas, but I dig on my Nextel. Then again, I get mine free by working for them in Engineering/Ops =0) It's okay if you think it sucks, most people I know do.
  10. I've always been a fan of Nokias because of their user friendliness, but lately all the other companies have been coming out with newer and more user-friendly interfaces. Right now if I had to choose a phone other than the one I have (Nokia 6100) that wasn't a Nokia, it'd probably that Siemens flip phone with no antenna and built-in camera. I don't know what model it is, but my friend has it. :p
  11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I can't bring myself to buy a phone called Siemens. Unless I am pronouncing it wrong?

12. lol, i think ur saying it RIGHT.

it took me a while to get the joke, im THAT stupid
  13. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I love my nokia 3585. My wife has the color version. I like mine. Has good voice tag system and all that. No camerea or any of that frivelous stuff.
  14. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    All the Samsung Verizon phones are nice. My last one lasted 18 months, survived rain, snow, water, coke and beer (wasn't mine) and getting kicked around at Ozzfest and a moshpit at a Godsmack concert. Not to mention it got run over once. Pretty solid, and it finally broke. Time to buy another Sammy.
  15. Hmm, Thanks guys for all of the input!

From what tpylons said, I may wish to look into a Samsung.

My old motorolla fell apart after getting a little beat up sitting in my pocket. (maybe I sat on it?) I can't have any of that.

My Nokia's kinda like my Ampeg SVP was about a month ago, only instead of randomly getting staticky/crakly, it randomly turns off, and I can't have that.

I'm heading over to a Verizon store tomorow to see what they have.