Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

cellphones

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kserg, Apr 23, 2004.

1. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    hey fellas... i am sick of verizon and looking for new provider... anyone ever had tmobile... i am mainly looking at tmobile... so if someone had one... let me know if i should get it or not? are they expending

On that note i have question about other providers besides verizon... like cingular about to buy off att... i wounder if they worth getting... becuase they going to have more towers:/ so probebly be prity good soon? better covrage? etc etc...
    hate choosing cell phone providers because of 2 year contract stuff:/ makes it harder:/

I know this isnt a forum but hehehe i am addicted to this forum so ha

Thanks

Cheers

2. Bull_Nasty

Bull_Nasty Banned

Apr 23, 2004
    Chunk the cellphone....

cellphones are a modern day annoyance of the 1st degree....

Do what I do...get a CB radio...and make sure your amigos know what frequency to catch you on...

and oh yeah, they'll need CBs too....

Remember...the Earth did just fine for millions of years WITHOUT cellphones!!!!!!

3. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    are you serious :D ?
    i'd probably go with cingular, really good deals.

4. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Yes... the earth did just fine with out inet... and with out cars.. and computers and talkbass forum (doubtful about TB) and geuss what... they didnt have basses million years ago either... tough but true :D
    anyway i dont have any other phone accept cellphone and i am not a moron who speaks real loud in public places so give me a brake... sometimes i do want to know if some1 wants to get a hold of my faster then smoke signals so they can call me... you know... technology :D

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    kserg,

Take this with as many grains of salt as you wish but Consumer Reports did surveys of 31,000 cell phone users in a lot of metropolitan areas across the US in Sept of 2003 and compiled them into overall ratings in each metro area. Since you're in San Jose I'll give you the San Francisco results. They are ranked in order of customer satisfaction with the highest on top:

San Francisco

Verizon 73
    AT&T 64
    Sprint 61
    Cingular 60

That's right, the majority of people had a higher level of customer satisfaction with Verizon (which was the case with every other metro area), however it only received a 73 overall out of 100. So, while most people were most happy with Verizon, the overall level of satisfaction was generally pretty low for all carriers. So by switching you might be jumping out of the frying pan and into the pot so to speak. You might end up worse off than you are now! Verizon got consistently higher marks for the quality of phone service too both in San Francisco and the rest of the country. Another thing to consider is that with Cingular buying AT&T they are increasing their customer base in a huge way. That would not be a selling point for me.

Those are my thoughts.

brad cook

ps - One thing I just noticed...T-mobile wasn't rated for San Fran at that time. Probably because in Sept. of 2003 they couldn't find enough T-Mobile respondents to get a consistent rating since it's relatively new. In most other markets though T-mobile was right in the middle of the pack with two exceptions where it was second after Verizon.

6. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    I can DEFINITELY see why Cingular is at the bottom.

Worst customer service EV-AR :spit: :spit: :spit:

7. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Was there rating for t-mobile? Because that is what I am looking for mostly...

Here is why I want to switch from verizon... in my cases they been horrible....

For no reason at all I got letter from collective agents saying I've been taken to collective agents for $20 by ... I don't mind... I know there is always some misunderstanding... I wish they let me know I have something pending before... I know I paid every single bill that came to me from them...

So I call them and find out they have no idea about me owning them 20$... after hour on phone they find out there was a glitch in system and it was created under different account... I asked the lady if they can fix this whole deal because after all this is not my mistake and I should have to pay with my credit history for it... at this point she started to yell at me (sounded like she snapped although I was very polite) she screamed that its my responsibility to find out if I have any unpaid bills etc etc... when I said "well this was verizon glitch, no way I can no about glitches in verizon system" she yelled at me more saying I am putting my responsibilities on others...
    I asked for supervisor... she refused I asked again... she finally gave someone I explain everything again politely to him and said that lady was not too great and I want to file complain on her... then he hung up on me... next day I called... asked for supervisor if I could file complain on two people... after giving their names and numbers person told me that no one ever worked for verizon under those names... and he checked and said "if am sorry... it is a glitch in system but there is nothing you can do"

I filed complain with all agenesis but they told me "they have a record of this, there for your defense has nothing"

I gave up but no way will I be paying someone who treats me like pure ****… as much as you can try and tell me it is my fault… even if I owned em something which I did not… they should have notified me 1st before screwing up my credit history… 73 my hairy butt

I mean its not a big deal… in 7 years it be gone and I don’t need any loans right now besides school loans… but I am just pissed because they treated me like ****…

8. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    No offense to you, but this has got to be the most irresponsible statement I have ever heard.

You need to contact ALL parties involved and get this straightened out ASAP. The longer you let it go, the less chance there will be of getting it fixed.

Get a copy of your credit report and then have them investigate the claim.

9. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Oh no no... non taken... i know it is irresposable... but i have... i put in claims saveral times all came back nagative... i game up because i have more crap to deal with... like 21 units of school with papers every week... ask well as finding work...

I know its bad what i did... but i did claim it saveral times and it looked useless so i am letting it go... maybe when i get free time i will send another one... but you are right

Verizon said they cant take it down because company cant pull claim out... only thing they can do is put a claim that i paid it... duh... and collective agyntsy said "they contacted verizon and record is there" thats it...

10. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    :meh:

If you really DID NOT miss a payment and have all records, that's all the proof that you will need.

11. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I am acctually goingto file another claim again this summer hopefully they lost the record :D scoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore (sorry sharks playing)

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Er..read the "ps" under my name at the bottom...I made a comment about T-mobile.

brad cook

13. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Woops:] i stopped reading after your name... thought rest was signutur, sorrrry:] thanks:] do you have url btw?

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sorry it's a pay subscription service.

www.consumerreports.org

brad cook

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    sweet...