Celtic Frost - Sorrows of the Moon (Tristesses de la lunde)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I was wondering anyone else has done this. On the album "Into the Pandemonium" by Celtic Frost, there are two tracks that are fairly distant from each other. Both great songs. One called Tristesses De La Lunde which is a string arrangement with female speaksinging in French. The other song is Sorrows of the Moon, a totally rocked out metal song with metal vocals, etc. For those of you who haven't figured it out, Tristesses De La Lunde is French for Sorrows of the Moon.

I finally digitized the album and combined the tracks. I don't think I'll be able to listen to them seperately anymore. It becomes THE greatest Celtic Frost song. And it's such a cool idea, Celtic Frost were metal genius.

I was wondering if any other bands have done this. I know that someone combined to Nickelback songs, and made an obvious point. But I mean this in a musical sense. I know at the end of Chaosphere, the end track is all the songs combined. It's not very musical though, but an interesting result. I don't this is a popular style, but I recommend all other Celtic Frost fans (this might actually only be Smash) do this.

I could AIM it to you, if you have the album, but I don't know if I want to, I'm pretty lazy. ;) But for legal reasons, you can only get a copy from me if you own the album.
  2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    First time I heard that song with the french chick I didn't know what to think. It took me awhile to figure out that it actually rocks tremedously.

On a side note, "Babylon Fell" is my favorite Celtic Frost song ever...it so good.
  3. Till, I'm doing that as soon as I get home........what a fabulous idea!

I'm a huge Frost fan. If you dig'em, check out Coroner! Good friends and roadies of CF, and Tom Warrior did the vocals for their first demo, Death Cult.

Are you stoked for the new record? I am. If you go to www.Celticfrost.com, you can legally download a demo of a new song, "Ground." It's liker their Into the Pandemonium-era stuff with a few industrial elements. Tom's voice is still great. :bassist: UH! :bassist:
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    !?!?!?!?!?!?! NEW RECORD?!!?!?!??!?!!?!??! Whoa!!

I think that Probot album did a lot of good, I think it shook up the artists and got them realizing that they still kick ass! I heard Tom's other project after Frost (I forget what it's called) and didn't like it as much. I'll check that out!
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

6. Low Down Sound

Low Down Sound Retailer: Low Down Sound

May 18, 2004
    ferndale, mi
    a little off topic, but I was in a band with one of their guitarists, Ron Marks. cool guy, MONSTER guitarist!!

his new band is called Subsonic if you guys are inteersted.

7. YEAH! My faaaaavorit Frost song....the riffs- so simple! So catchy! So metal! And the death grunts are classic.