1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Center channel speaker that PC a monitor could easily rest on

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Oreomeister365, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Well, I'm trying to set up a system, all basically centered around this monitor doubling as an hdtv etc. The desk I'm using has the back piece with this lip that the 22" monitor I'm getting won't fit under, and to put it in front would be too close. So I can remove this second tier/lip thing and move the monitor back to a good distance, but that would also get rid of my center channel speaker spot above my current setup (laptop), and this speaker is big and chunky and would have no place on a single tier desk.

What I'm looking for is a center channel speaker that is generally flat and rectangular, something I could put the monitor on top of without raising said monitor more than say...4 inches...a little less would be ideal but we shall see. I've become a bit of an audiophile and while a center channel isn't integral, I have my pc set up with its optical out and having the full setup would make everything come together nicely

Basically, a good center channel speaker that is flat on the top and bottom that isn't much taller than four inches. I'm not sure where the first place to look would be, or what any recommendation would be.

Thanks