Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

central california enthusiasts??

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by JSPguitars, Feb 4, 2004.

1. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    okay, I thought I'd post something here in the luthier's corner kinda out of the ordinary.
    Are there any independent Central Coast/California luthier's that read this forum who are looking for an apprentice??
    I live in Santa Cruz and I'm really hooked on building basses and guitars now, but I lack some of the fundamentals and key concepts.
    I'd be willing to work for free, sweep the dust off the floor, wipe away your sweat, and perform all the elbow grease-work just for some pointers on building.
    I'm 26, work full time, responsible, quiet, clean enthusiastic.......
    wait, this is sounding like an on-line match-making post now, I didn't intend for that :p
    anyway, thought this might be a good place to try and find a luthier buddy.
    peace.

2. That tagline should draw some interest from the San Francisco contingent of builders! :eek:

3. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    ahhhhh ....gotta love stereotypes.

4. chucko58

chucko58

Jan 17, 2002
    Silicon Valley, CA, USA
    I paid for all my gear myself. Well, me and MasterCard.
    Rick Turner's in Santa Cruz, I think. Maybe he could use an apprentice.

5. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    wow..........went to his website (needs some work) and pulled up a yahoo map and boom! I know exactly where he's at. I used to live a few blocks from him, actually.....hehe small world.
    thanks for the input, I'll try PM'ing him or stopping by.

6. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I live right by the boardwalk on front street. I'm gonna have to schedule a tour and check his place out.

7. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    hey natrab.......what's yur story?? Do you build basses? I live on the the hill right above you they call Beach Hill.
    You got a shop?

8. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I never said that. I just said I wanted to check out RIck Turner's shop. I'm just a bass player buddy!