Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Central North Carolina Jazz Bass Workshop 10/16/04 1-3pm

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by jcbassomatic, Sep 23, 2004.

1. These things are kinda rare around here, so I thought I'd post the info in case you're in the area....

Steve Haines will be conducting a Jazz Bass Workshop at Bob Beerman's Bass Violin Shop in Greensboro, NC Saturday Oct. 16 from 1-3pm. (www.bassviolinshop.com)

Admission is $10 and limited to 12 people. Email bob at bassviolinshop dot com to register and/or get more info.

Here's the blurb that's in the flyer...

'Come spend two hours with this inspiring bassist, teacher, and clinician. Steve will demonstrate jazz bass technique, including keeping time, walking bass lines, soloing and swing. In addition, he will answer participants' questions and concerns. Bring your bass if you can or call about using one of ours.

Director of UNC-G's Miles Davis Jazz Studies Program, Steve Haines has performed with many jazz greats, including Bob Berg, Joe Williams, Mark Levine, Richard Stolzman, Bruce Forman, Ellis Marsalis and Marcus Roberts.'

2. SleeperMan2000

SleeperMan2000

Jul 31, 2002
    Cary NC
    Sheeeit! I'll be in New Jersey on that day.

Thanks for the heads up though!