Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Central-Texas GigSpam!!!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Aug 8, 2005.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    This Saturday night, my band not sure which title we're going by nowadays (could be either Fade or Chasing Phoenix), is gonna be playing the opening set at Momo's down on 6th in Austin. We've never played anywhere down there before, so naturally we have to go first!! Our start time is slated for 8:00 (PM, of course), and heard we start right on time. We have a 50 minute set. So if you've never heard a Schroeder setup, come and listen to mine!! :cool: We're a very good band, but will be without our main guitarist for this show, and it will be our first with our lady on keys. Mostly originals, with a few DMB and maybe one or two Dispatch covers thrown in for good measure.

Come out an' support!! Rawk!! :bassist:

2. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Good luck! I've played Momo's a few hundred times, the load-in's a bitch(it's upstairs), but after you've souindchecked you can pop down to Katz's for supper.
    Nigel
    www.eggmen.com

3. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF

Sweetness. We play for pretty big crowds in Lubbock and College Station, but this is our first time to play downtown. Hopefully people will dig our sound. It's pretty good, I think (of course!) ;)

And it's times like this when I DON'T miss my Mesa Diesel 6x10... ;)

4. hell yeah! I had to help a buddy carry a rhodes up the stairs!