Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cephalic Carnage - Anomalies

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Stachio, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Has anyone else gotten their hands on this one? Progressive ultra grind with some death metal brutality thrown in.
    I was just wanting something to tide me over until this new Between the Buried and Me arrives but it's exceeded my expectations.
    It's like the old Cephalic goodness but better and well thought out as a whole concept. Also some of the greatest production on a metal album.
    I sort of hear a mixture of DEP, Mastodon, and Cryptopsy (minus crappy production)...Me gusta

2. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I got that album. But as a death metal cd I think that Lucid Interval is way more brutal. But overall Anomalies is indeed a fine cd.

3. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Agreed.
    I just thought this was a nice medley of styles. I find this more cohesive as a whole album, if that makes sense.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Quite excellent album.

And, interestingly enough, their bassist apparently plays an unlined fretless live. No clue about his intonation or anything, but there you have it.

5. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I don't it is just live. If you pay attention on parts of Lucid Interval it sounds like he does some drops with it.