Certain Make

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superjoe95, Oct 11, 2003.

1. superjoe95

Oct 11, 2003
    Hi I'll be taking up bass pretty soon. The music store has this starter package which is what i'll probably be getting. anyways the bass is made by a company called Barricuda i THINK not 100% sure (i was in a real rush i just had a few minutes to look and go) on that. i know for a fact it starts with a B. anyways how are their basses? and what is their offical website?
  2. Barracuda bass
    4-string, gloss black lacquer on neck and body
    Rosewood fingerboard with front, red LED's
    Active E.Q. with treble/bass, cut/boost
    Black hardware
    £ 895 / $ 1,300

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    No way that's a Status in a starter pack (nice investigating though, Treena :)). The starter pack brand you're speaking of sounds like maybe one of the many low-end starter deals. Of them all, the Hartke and Squier are generally the best, or go for an Essex jazz or P-bass along with a small practice amp. There's TONS of "what should I get for my first bass?" threads around here if you'd like to search them for info.
  4. If it's a starter pack, he may mean a Brice....
  5. I didn't think so either, that's why I posted all this info!

I think the Brice bass at www.rondomusic.com is what he's talking about. They are about $200 and $250 for the 5 strings!

6. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    I'll second the Essex/Brice recommendation.
  7. i think hes talking about Barricuda. IM sure I know what he's talking about.

Joe, I suggest you chekc out that rondo website! those $100+ basses have had really good reveiws!

Then you easily pickup a half decent practise amp for about $50-100 - Peavey Microbass for example!
  8. So what is this Barricuda? Do you know?

9. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Dude, when i was up in canada, i played one of these Barracuda's, (a jazz copy) and holy crap, i loved it. it sounded so warm and punchy (like a passive stingray). I really wanted it, but i already bought an amp that day, + me not having any money....
  10. i think our school has one. but it doesnt get played becuase the strings are rusty, it needs set up, but one of the tuners is broken.

the bass is quite heavey, and neck is fairly chunky, but would be an 'ok' buy if the price was right ($100-150).

go for the brice/SX :)
  11. superjoe95 are you out there in web world? Plaese let us know what bass you are talking about!

12. superjoe95

Oct 11, 2003
    Up at the top where most companies put there logo eg. Fender. it says Baricuda im pretty sure. i'll have to go stop by later on this week to see for SURE
  13. Thank you superjoe!

I'm curious as to which bass this is we are talking about!:meh: