1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Chadwick + Underwood w/Junior Brown

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by csrund, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Caught a local show with Jr. Brown last nite. Saw him at the same venue a couple of years ago with different side men. This time, I was delighted to see the bassist pull out a Chadwick. Couldn't get a real close view, but looked like an Underwood p/u and lots of foam rubber in the f-holes. Didn't catch the name of the bassist; too much crowd noise to hear it clearly.

IMG_5615.JPG IMG_5617 2.JPG

nasonm, Lee Moses and h00v3r like this.
  2. h00v3r

h00v3r

Jun 10, 2014
    Philadelphia, PA
    Caught him for the first time 20 something years ago when Buddy Miles was sitting in on the snare - always a fantastic show. He's absolutely what I think of whenever I hear the term "gateway drug" - totally took me down a rabbit hole when I first got wind of him.

csrund and fclefgeoff like this.
  3. First time I saw him was on an episode of "Austin City Limits" nearly 20 years ago. When he came onstage, I thought he looked like a throwback to the days of Porter Wagoner, and I was like, "Where'd they dig up this fossil?" Then he started shredding Dick Dale tunes, and I became an instant convert. He has local ties, so he makes a tour stop here just about every year.

4. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    You don't even have to like "that" kind of music, and you'll like Junior. Great player, great entertainer, sings a good story. (...and my wife thinks you're dead)

csrund likes this.
  5. Jon Mush

Jon Mush

Jun 3, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB
    Agreed. A great act is a great act. Great playing and a keen sense of humour goes a long way. Admittedly, this is my chosen corner of the music world, but JB puts a smile on my face faster than most.

Ha. Same with me...I was hooked the first time I heard highway patrol.

csrund likes this.
  6. nasonm

nasonm

Jan 28, 2004
    Bangor, ME
    Saw junior years ago and still remember how LOUD he was playing through 2 Fender twins. He’s coming back to Maine in Dec and want to catch the show!

csrund likes this.