Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Chaini

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Waste, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Waste

Waste

Sep 16, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Okay guys, need some help hooking up my pedal chain...as of right now here is the set up listed from right (start of chain) to left (end of chain):
    tuner
    wah
    chorus
    flanger

Does anyone see a problem for me or will this work...I Know it's all preference but I would like to see how others run theirs...thanks!

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    sounds good to me. I can't comment on the order of chorus and flanger, as long as you're not using both at the same time it doesn't really matter I guess.

My chain for 90% of the time is
    Tuner -> Compresser -> SwitchBox -> Chorus/Flange -> PreAmp.

My Switchbox has two A/B loops which may be switched on/off to give me two separate loops (A only, B only) or one big one (A -> B)

In the A loop I have :
    Octaver -> Overdrive/Distortion -> Wah.

Some people prefer Wah before od/distortion. I prefer it the other way round, works better for the sounds I need.

In the B loop I have:
    Fuzz -> Env Filter/Bassballs

3. I think I'd put the flanger after the chorus, like you've done. In my mind, that'd give a better sound.

(I don't have a flanger...... yet. It's next on the list, I just have to find one I really like in the secondhand shops.)

My (basic) chain is

Synth --> delay --> distortion --> phaser --> chorus

4. Waste

Waste

Sep 16, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    How do you like the bass balls pedals...I used the Boss ODB for a while and could not find my own tone in it. Thoughts on the B. Balls pedal?