1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Change Amp (need experienced help)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by egnartS, Jan 26, 2012.

1. egnartS

egnartS

Jan 26, 2012
    Hello.
    This is my first thread at TB.

I appreciate your help on my choice of a new amp.
    i'm pretty new bass player so got less experience.

Currently i use my amp for practice and small gigs.

atm i own BEHRINGER BXL3000A ULTRABASS (http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/BXL3000A.aspx ) witch i got about 2 months ago.

Now i decide to get myself an Orange amp (yet dunno if it is necessary so here i am..posting for help ^^)

I'm looking on 2 amps
    1) ORANGE CRUSH PIX 100BXT (Crush PiX CR100BXT « Orange Amps)

2)ORANGE TB500C TERROR BASS 500 COMBO (Terror Bass 500w 2X12″ Combo – AVAILABLE LATE 2011 « Orange Amps)

I really need your opinion.
    Maybe i dont even have to change or maybe suggest me something else..

Thanks in advance

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    There is probably no need to upgrade until you're actually going to play onstage, or in very loud practice sessions. The Behringer may not be "great", but it's probably good enough for now.

The Orange amps have a unique sound, distorting early and often; I would not buy one unless you already know from experience that you like their sound.

If you are already in a position to need more clean volume than the Behringer can put out, then please describe the kinds of tones you want to achieve, and your budget.

Again though, you may not need to upgrade yet.

3. egnartS

egnartS

Jan 26, 2012
    Yes i see what you mean...
    i think is pretty soon and i am unexperienced so i can tell what sound i want...
    somehow i know what i like but dont know how to achieve it or express it.

Tho its true i'm not really satisfied from Behringer so the post was ment to sugesst some better sound. i have heard about orange..never played on orange..

Anyway thanks for reply.it seems i have to figure my own the solution after all.

4. Yep. Try as many as you can & remember, the sound of an amp solo, or in-store will be pretty different in a band setting. So, if at all possible, try many in a band situation