1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Change My View: QSC K12s are the best PA speakers attainable by the average musician

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Wissen, Dec 14, 2018.

1. I owned a pair of K12s for a few years. Now own a pair of K12.2s Absolutely would NOT try to talk you out of them. No better speaker or monitor anywhere near the price.

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

My PA is all Alto (2-TS312's, 2-TS212's, 2-TX210's, 1-TSSub15). Excellent experience so far.

3. I just got an Alto TSL 215 as an MF SDOTD for $149 and it is very sweet. This is a n old discontinued speaker with light panels on the sides (woo woo) I ordered two but got the last one which was really all I needed any way. Of course it sounds great plus it has several modes of lights for parties or whatever. No sound processing but I have a dbx goRack so I am set.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    DWBass likes this.
  4. AGCurry

AGCurry Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2005
    St. Louis
    At the risk of starting an argument: I have a K10 and a K8. Nothing wrong with them, and I would think the K12 is fine too.

But for what I do ... my Bose L1s are so much nicer. Ran a passover seder the other night in a big C-shaped room, so I used an L1 in the big part of the room, with the QSCs on the sides. People on the sides were complaining bitterly that the QSCs were blasting them out. I even turned them down twice. But the L1 was putting out most of the volume, and NOBODY complained about the volume right in front of it.

So, yeah, maybe the QSCs are great ... but not for every situation.

5. filmtex

filmtex Commercial User

May 29, 2011
    Annsman Pro Audio Dealer
    Hear, hear!

jimfist likes this.
  6. BwanaDust

BwanaDust Commercial User

Apr 11, 2019
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Lincoln Learning Solutions - Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center
    I don't know about that. I've got a pair of Yamaha S112vs, paired with a Crown XLS2002 that sound superb.

DWBass likes this.
  7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Define average musician. Typical weekend warrior playing dive bars for $50-$75? At $800 per speaker? Big fat NO from me.

I've never had an agent or venue ask what brand PA my band uses and use that against me when hiring. They go by the demo we provided or they showed up to a gig. My R&B band, I own the PA, all Alto. Sounds great and we get compliments on our sound. My horn band uses JBL and the BL doesn't know how to fully utilize his system (X32).

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    BwanaDust likes this.