change to talkbass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by red-hot-bassist, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    why dosent the amount of posts appear now next to where you have posted and under your name and stuff anymore?
  2. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Yes, this is not fair, I was just about to reach 500 posts mark :(
  3. red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    well i was in a sortof mini competition with ashton, hell we were going to become supporting memebrs!!!

what has happneed to the post count!!!
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Read the announcement!

One reason was to remove an incentive for those post count competitions.
  5. Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    This was a wise decision :)

However I regret the removal of those black dots which indicated posts you replied to.

I will now use the e-mail notification feature again. If many people do this like me, will all those additional e-mails not strain server ressources as well?

6. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Removing the post counts was the best thing that Paul could have done at the moment for this board.
  7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

It's all explained in Paul's announcement just a few centimetres above where this thread is placed now!!

Do people read these?
  8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Announcements don't show in the "View New Posts" function...I've missed many announcements that way. You have to look in the individual forums to see announcements.
  9. APouncer

Nov 3, 2000
    Lancashire, UK
    Seems to me like a good idea to get rid of the number of posts being displayed publically, it's fairly irrelevant, and must have led to some banal c@#p being posted. However, where is the announcement about it? What are you talking about "above" Bruce? Where is the area for forum news? Thanks . . .

Oh, and BTW, this is my 124th post :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.