1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Changed my mind- sansamp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eddododo, Jun 28, 2012.

1. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Friend tossed a sansamp BDDI my way, been trying it out for awhile..

I found, initially, that I really wanted to like it, but really did not like it.. I found that the output into my amps fought with the amp, the link into my amp wimpy-d my basses natural sound, and the soundguy had trouble taming the DI sound..

Ive been experimenting with using it either as a plain DI w/ volume (power off) .. Then I tried turning drive and bass high but blending more of the unaffected sound (70-30 dry-affected) which has been working well.

Today I plugged the output (affected) into the effects loop, bypassing the amps eq. Sounded supringly great. Tried on a couple amps now, hit-and-miss, but I think this pedal just got more useful to me.

Ps- new sound guy (read: better) has no problem with the signal

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    there you go!

use the sansamp as your entire preamp, sending it to the "effects return" of a regular bass amp (bypassing all the controls) or using it into a straight-up power amp (that's what i do).

i set mine to 100% blend and back the drive down, giving me a grindy "rock bass" tone.

3. NOVAX

NOVAX

Feb 7, 2009
    Kalifornia
    A useful accessory that should be in every bassists gig bag. Mine has saved my ass on
    more than one occasion (the only times I've ever gone ampless) and since I only paid
    $50 I doubt I'll ever part with it. Just my 2 cents.