1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

changed my rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rexspangle, Jan 21, 2002.

1. I used to play a swr bass 350 through a goliath jr. However I sold the head and used the cash towards a sans amp bass driver di as a preamp with a carvin dcm 1000. I must say I love it. First of all it seems to get much more volume than the 350 (although both get 350 w into 4 ohms) I am very pleased!! The swr just did not fit the musical style I was playing. I honestly think I am just going to keep the sabddi as my preamp and maybe add a triad to the rig or possible just get a 6x10 (1000 watts :)). But I just thoughT I'd let ya know cause I am so happy with it. And by the way I just got back from 4 days recording in Toronto and the sabddi worked great!! And the cool thing is my new set-up cost less than the 350 and there are much more options when it comes to cabinet configurations.

2. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Great set up Rex, but I do detect the symptoms of pre-GAS. Be very careful!!!!

Congrats on the new rig.

Mike:D ;) :D

3. Thanx man :) Yeah I hear ya about the pre GAS thing but I just can't help it.