1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Changed Pickguard, Now Tone Knob in Reverse!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by slapstick13, Jul 1, 2016.

1. slapstick13

slapstick13

Feb 5, 2010
    So I changed the pickguard in my Squier Matt Freeman P bass(and obviously the tone/ vol pot and input jack had to be unscrewed so the PG could come off) and when I put everything back together, my tone knob acts in reverse of what it should(clockwise rolls off treble). Also, not sure if this is just in my head, the tone knobs acts a little bit different. I almost done hear a difference in the treble roll off until its completely rolled off. What the heck did I do?!?!

2. Seems impossible...but...

Perhaps it's grounding out against something? Like against shielding or something? Dunno.

3. megafiddle

megafiddle

May 25, 2011
    With the common tone circuit wiring, a grounded terminal on the tone pot could cause that.

Viewed from the back of the pot, with the three terminals facing upward, the terminal in question would be the one on the right.

Make sure that terminal is not accidentally touching shielding, or the pot case, or some other grounded point.

-

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021