Changing around tone from my tele

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Torkk, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Torkk

Torkk

Jan 16, 2010
    Ok, so I have a squier Telebass with the single pickup. And that pretty much useless tone control setup. What could be done to change this around? The Baritone setting is just too nasaly and high and low low volumn.

I would like to start with modding the electronics before adding a pickup. Which I was thinking of getting another single coil on the neck. Like http://www.lacemusic.com/Alumitone_Single_Coil.php

Or even the http://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/bass/standard-bass/will-power-neck

I would like to go the low buck route 1st and work my way up to pickups.
    [​IMG]

2. Torkk

Torkk

Jan 16, 2010
    wow no one. Some has to have a thought or suggestion

3. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Sub'ed

4. Torkk

Torkk

Jan 16, 2010
    well, I changed the strings to Chromes and it sounds way better now. Im going to work on swapping the cap for the baritone tone see if that helps. But the volume on the bariton setting is wayyyyy low

5. Torkk

Torkk

Jan 16, 2010
    I called Fender to find out if low volume in the Baritone circuit was normal. He just told me to take to repair man, but I dont know where my receipt is. So, I swapped out the cap on the ton pot to a .01 oil/paper or was it .1 poopie i forgot already. Anywho, what I have to now is, the middle position has more bottom when tone is rolled off, and it at least sounds different compared to the double position.

6. bass_case

bass_case Maintain low tones. Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Miami, FL
    There have been some Tonestylers for sale in the classifieds recently. It will definitely give you some tones to play with.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021