1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Changing batteries for active pups.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by just Kesh., Jul 22, 2008.

1. just Kesh.

just Kesh.

Dec 17, 2006
    So I have some active pick-ups that are in need of some new batteries.
    Is there any brand/type of 9v batteries that works best for pick-ups?
    The bass is a 5 string Ibanez btb with barteloni pick-ups, if that matters.

2. Fli

Fli

Apr 30, 2007
    Birmingham, AL
    9v is 9v. So any brand that fits will work the same. Just don't use rechargeable batteries. There might be a certain brand that fits your bass better than others though - 9v batteries are surprisingly not all the same size.

3. dj150888

dj150888

Feb 25, 2008
    Belfast, Ireland
    Any of the more expensive brands, duracell, energiser etc etc, are going to be MUCH better than cheaping out on them. You're much less likely to have one of those die in the middle of a set than the cheap "5 for $1" types

4. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    MA - RT. 2
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY GENZLER DARKGLASS TEMPLEBOARDS KIRLIN CABLE RIGHTON STRAPS
  5. wld3

wld3

Jun 22, 2008

I use all sorts of brands in my remote control, my wireless mouse, etc. but I only use Duracell in my bass.

6. Baldwin

Baldwin Guest

Jul 31, 2007
    Duracell Procells in particular are a good choice - they don't seem to die suddenly like many mid-range brands, you'll be able to tell when they're past their best quite easily.

7. kyral210

kyral210

Sep 14, 2007
    Manchester
    Just a good quality battery for a long battery life. That is it.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021