Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

changing bridges.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Acacia, Feb 9, 2001.

1. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have a 2000 MIA Fender Jazz with the standard stock bridge.

I am considering getting a BadAssII put on it.

Will it make a huge difference? The shop I deal with does free labor on anything that I buy.

I do get good low end with ym current set up which is a Hartke 3500 and a SWR GoliathIII 4x10.

Thoughts?

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Well, Jeff Berlin swears by his BadAss bridge. He's endorsed them since the seventies. Apparently they give you more sustain because of their greater mass compared to a Fender birdge. Also, the BadAss was designed to be installed the same way as a Fender bridge, so there is no need to drill any holes in your bass. If it's worth your while, try it. If it doesn't work, you can always change back to the old bridge and unload the BadAss on eBay, but you know that, right?;)

Will C.:cool:

3. dlp60

dlp60

Jan 26, 2001
    I changed my standard fender bridge for a Badass II and love it! Huge change in the sustain as well as tonal change. Well worth the $$.

4. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Dayton, Ohio, USA
    I put a BadAss II on a Jazz bass, and it did improve the sound. I didn't notice an incredible difference, but it helped sustain and gave a more solid sound. It's a nice-looking bridge, too, I think. It is really easy to install. All the holes line up, and all you need to do is move the saddles to the same place as your current bridge. When I bought mine, it had no grooves in the saddle where the string crosses. It was easy to file grooves, though.

5. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'll let the shop install it for me. They do great work and it's free! Plus, I am allergic to tools. ;):D

6. OldMan

OldMan

Feb 11, 2001
    I've done the opposite
    Once I Made my own bass firt I tried a badassII
    later an Fender-Original-Lokalike...

I now you want believe, but it sounds exactly the same
    so I leave the Fender-Bridge...

can anyone understand my englisch?