1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Changing from passive to active

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by HELLonWHEELS, Apr 2, 2006.

1. HELLonWHEELS

HELLonWHEELS Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Houston
    i have been thining about changing the pick-ups on my squier P-bass(look at the thread in repair to find out why) and i the picks-ups that caught my eye where active(Di-Marzio slit P). How hard will it be to change, im not planning on changing them myselves but i don't know if i needed a whole new circut to accomidate them plus i don't know if the pickups need a 2 tonal knobs and one volume because the squier only has one. Maby somebody should make a sticky explaing the differance anywho im confused and i need help. thanks

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The Dimarzio Split P pickup is NOT active. It's passive. Dimarzio don't make any active bass pickups. So it's a pretty straightforward swap, the pickups should come with wiring instructions.