1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Changing my bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Mister Diggler, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Mister Diggler

Mister Diggler

Dec 10, 2018
    I've been playing bass for only about 2 years and I've never really changed anything on it. The bass is an Ibanez GSR200, a beginner bass and well I wanted to change my bridge on it but I ain't an expert on this stuff. Do any of you know what kind of bridge would work for it? Nothing is wrong with my bridge, just thought it'd look a bit nicer if it was black, also thought it'd be good to learn how to do new things for this little hobby of mine. Thank you in advance ladies and gents.

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Welcome to TalkBass.
    Ibanez doesn't seem to offer that bridge in black, I could only find chrome. There aren't many bridges around that have the 6 hole mount like that. You can find a small variety of 4 hole mount for the inline holes at the rear. You problem is that those 4 hole bridges are usually shorter than your 6 hole bridge, so the front screw holes show. Changing to a different mount system like a 5, or 3 hole mount still won't get you the extra length to cover those front screw holes. So unless you resign yourself to having those 2 holes exposed, you're pretty much stuck with what you have. Gotoh does have a bridge, J510SJ, available in black with those front screws, but you will have to drill some new holes. Try contacting JAPARTS : Gotoh Products
    aa9aa73858d4d2ec357149751fb97cde_J510SJ5-1-1-109-c@2x.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  3. Mister Diggler

Mister Diggler

Dec 10, 2018
    Well thank you for the reply. By any chance would having the 2 holes exposed effect it negatively?

4. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Cosmetic. It drives some crazy though.

5. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Just put some black pick guard screw in empty holes. Better than a empty hole or miscolored wood plug, and they look like they have a purpose even if they don't.

mech and sissy kathy like this.
  6. Mister Diggler

Mister Diggler

Dec 10, 2018
    Thank you guys so much. Really helped!

sissy kathy likes this.