Changing of the Guard

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Chris Fitzgerald, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Jon Packard is being called into mod duty to help a friend out up in the BG forums, and as he was worried that he might not be around enough to really be effective down here, we've decided to add Francois (our resident strings lunatic) as an extra mod for the entirety of the DB forums.

Francois has basically been a good mod for the forums for months, as it seems like every day I get a "reported post" message from him which alerts me to something going on I didn't have time to read. It will be good to work with him in an "official" capacity, especially now that life is so much busier than when I started doing all this. I'm not sure whether Paul's going to move Jon from the "official" mod listings for DB or not yet, but since he and I are both "supermods", he'll still be able to look in and handle the controls when he has time. I'd also like to thank Jon for all the great behind-the scenes work he has done since he agreed to come on in relief of Sam, giving me a much needed break.

Anyway, much thanks to Jon, and welcome to Francois!
  2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Welcome (Bienvenue?) Franky-baby! :)
  3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Would you please ask him to fill out his profile?
  4. TroyK

TroyK Moderator Staff Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Man, I wish I had thought to post that!

Looking forward to your fair, but stern rule, Francois.

5. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Will the official language of TB be changed to French?
  6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Certainly not - I only speak Redneck, and I'm not ready to quit TB just yet. :eyebrow:
  7. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
    Ig-pay atin-lay or-fay aulk-tay ace-bay!

Francois you rule. You already do so much work around here -- heck, you have for so long. Thanks for stepping up again!
  8. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Fuqua strikes again... :D
  9. rprowse

Dec 17, 2005
    Wellington NZ
    Well, that American that you write certainly ain't the Queen's English... French might be easier to understand at times.
    Remember Ketchup is really just tomato sauce.
    (just joking, Merry Christmas)
  10. youl always be a kiwi, if ya love yer watties sauce
  11. rprowse

Dec 17, 2005
    Wellington NZ
    Damnation! Fouled Again.

Actually, Mr Wattie (later 'Sir James') was famous for his canned packaging of everything from beans and corn to 'spagetti'.
    When he died in the early 1970's, one obituary in a student paper carried the picture of a Wattie's can, with the caption:
    "Sir James Wattie. Rest in Peas".
  12. i know, i lived in nz for the first 18 years of my life :) (im almost 19) just on my oe to denmark :p i miss my watties sauce.... :(
  13. rprowse

Dec 17, 2005
    Wellington NZ
    If you were a real kiwi, you'd also be missing your Wattie's Spagetti (let's not get into Molenburg).
    I have an Italian friend who went to pieces when he saw (and tasted) it!
    "Mio Dio! E un mucchio di merda!"