1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

'Changing Out Bridge' Need Help.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mustBmtd, Jan 15, 2017.

1. mustBmtd

mustBmtd Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tennessee
    Happy New Year, To all the Tber's here, I have to start the thread off being honest. I'm not good with measurements at all, I normally find myself eyeballing certain things. And since my bass tech passed away within last year. There are no setup guys here where I live. And the GC sucks here, as for help with setups and any technical repairs. My bass in question is my KSD Design. I'm changing out pickups and preamp. Nordstrands and Audere which I can handle. But the bridge issue is of my main concern. I'm not concerned about the two top holes of the Stocked bridge, because the other bridge will cover those holes. Adding two pictures. Question is! With the new bridge hole pattern being different, I'm thinking the four holes of the six inline holes will line up. And I can drill the two outside holes for the Ken Smith bridge. 'Help Wanted Badly' P.S. stock bridge is still on the bass in picture, and has not been changed yet. Waiting for good opinions to go forward with the change. 20170115_180034. 20170115_174936_001.

2. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    Wait....what.....? The only luthier left in Memphis passed away a year ago, and now there are none? Who's been serving Beale Street?

sissy kathy likes this.
  3. NigelD

NigelD Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2013
    If the four inner holes line up,you should be good to go w/o drilling.(the Hipshot A Fender mount replacements I've used only used 3 out of the 5 body holes)

4. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Maybe one or more of the five that came up in a simple google search.

lz4005 likes this.