1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Changing p.u covers on P-bass pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ForestThump, Sep 15, 2008.

1. ForestThump

ForestThump

Jun 15, 2005
    Paris
    I am building a "dream" bass and would like to know on which ones the covers can be changed to a creme colored cover.
    I know that quarter pounders have larger pole pieces making this not practical but is this easy to do on other pickups or are most sealed into the covers?
    If they are sealed or "waxed" into the covers how difficult is it to change?

2. kyral210

kyral210

Sep 14, 2007
    Manchester
    As your making a dream bass, get a new pickup in the colour you want. That way its dream tone and dream image.

3. Thats a Dream response!

4. FunkyFrosty

FunkyFrosty

May 28, 2006
    Ontario
    On ones the same size (pole pieces) most Fender style covers can be changed, the PU's are usually held in place by a dab of glue that can be usually easily but carefully pried apart.

5. +1. I changed a black set of P pups' covers & replaced w/ a white pair. They simply lifted off-carefully- & the white new covers went on easily also

6. ForestThump

ForestThump

Jun 15, 2005
    Paris
    What kind of glue is this and where is it on the pickup?