changing soaps

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SLAPBASSPLAYA5, Apr 6, 2004.

1. as you may know from my other posts in the pickup section, i am considering swaping the pups out of my rockbass streamer standard. i was wondering how hard is it to swap out soaps in comparison to maybe J style or P style pups?
  2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    Not sure what you mean by "how hard" but as long as you get the same dimensions, seems they make soaps in 3 or 4 sizes, you should't have any problem. Haven't dinked with soaps much but if they make them in differnet configurations (ie, J pups where you can a P pup or HB in a J form), I'd personally tend to look in that direction. I've done a bit of pup swapping and am doing a lot more and two of the same type of pup to me just gives you more of what you've already got. Not much in terms of versatility. That's running straight though. With HBs you can throw various switches in - esp. coil splitting (which I've done and that's worked very well) and that's the only way I'd probably run them. But I"ve only had a pair of Bart BBC's and M34C's which are really just the same pup with different dimensions.