1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Changing Speaker To 12" JBL

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Robert Spencer, May 4, 2010.

1. I have just purchased a used Fender Rumble 60 and awaiting its arrival. I`m a newby so ths is my starter/practice amp. I have an old 12" JBL that I could install. Would it be a noticably better speaker than the one provided in production?

Thanks & take care. Bob

2. Might and might not. Give it a try!

3. The reason I ask is because at the fender site they describe the speaker as fender design. That leads me to think there is something to hide or they would have stated the details clearly. I can almost interpret is as being intentionally misleading or eveasive. Take care. Bob

4. That's not uncommon. A lot of manufacturers have drivers special built to their own specs. Fender used to put the special design label on off the shelf Jensens and Utahs. Gallien-Krueger makes all of their own drivers, many have Eminence build for them or a few other speaker makers. The JBL will need to match up to the cabinets interior volume (size). If the cab comes close to it's needs it should sound really good, if they don't match up it could sound really bad.