Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Changing Structures(more Drum and bass, with vox)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Wrong Robot, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, I boarded myself in my room for like 4 hours earlier today, and this is the result, I'm pretty pleased with it, I'll probably re record the rap sometime, but other than that, It's good.

Check it out

Changing Structures

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Is that you rapping, then?

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    yea :D

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Hey, I was digging through old threads and realized this tune never got much love when I first posted it. So I'm bumping it. Listen!

5. Sounds very good WR - good production values as ever and I say, sing what the hell you like, if it's what you want to add to your stuff - the only thing missing for me was some cool Squarepusher-style bass which I know you could do so easily - that guy (Tom Jenkinson) double-thumbs everything but ina very punk-jazz kind of way - drum and bass is a great style as it allows you to double up but also be melodic. Anyways it was a good tune.

M

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Really nice Kief. What is your recording setup like- your tune has a really professional noiseless mix (as have most all of your other ones).

I think the rapping would have more effect if you dropped the pitch an octave, but that's just me-I have a friend who is now in the Prague music scene whose rapping voice is almost exactly like yours. Great instrumental stuff.

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    This was made over a year ago, before I had any recording gear to speak of. I did it all on an oxygen 8 midi controller and my powerbook, using garageband. There's no live bass in this, the vocals were recorded with this crummy old mic that I had lying around plugged into my computer with 3 or 4 adaptors.