1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Changing the output level of the EarthQuake Wah

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by alec, May 30, 2011.

1. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    I just got an MSD QuakeMachine MkII Wah (aka EarthQuake) which I love, but turning it on raises the signal output too much. Does anyone know if there's a way to turn it down a bit?

There is a pot to blend the clean signal in with the wet, but even with that turned down, the heel-down boost with a wide Q makes the signal a lot louder.

2. Hey Alec I have one of these too and found that the low end resonant spike was fairly huge.

I run an EBS multicomp after it to help reduce the "womp" but its still not perfect. I ended up using the narrower resonance setting so the pedal doesnt effect the really low frequencies as much

Also on a side note have you been getting any crackle from the pedal when engaged and sweeping through its range?

Cheers

Mike

3. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    Perth-based Quake players unite!

Good call with the compressor. I have a DOD Milkbox which I which I thought was better for sustain than clamping down on peaks, but it does a decent job.
    The narrower Q setting is always there to fall back on.

I don't get any crackle during the pedal travel. Is your state-of-the-art fishing line clean (when you take the back off)?

What do you run into it? I've been going through a VT Bass Deluxe or a Prunes and Custard, which both sound awesome, especially when using the high frequency Earth setting.

I'm really impressed with it, even more now that the bass boost is dampened.
    The Classic mode (no clean signal) is pretty much unuseable though. Praise Jah for the Modern setting!

4. Interesting Ill have to open it up to have a look at the fishing line - hopefully that solves the problem.

I actually use the classic setting :bag: but then I like a really wet sound as I tend to add OD to my wah! Earth on 2 Quake on 3